Car Buying Guide
Owning a Car is like dream for most of us. When you are decided to purchase a car you need to clear about following things:
How to choose a Car
Your first step is to fix your budget. There are so many institutions to finance your purchase; you can opt for this as well.
- New Car vs Old Car
Based on budget and requirement decide whether you will go for new car or used one. Some say, if you are new to driving better purchase an old car and do practice well and get a new car after selling the old one.
Consider the seating capacity you want. If you go for higher seating capacity automatically budget increases.
- Petrol vs Diesel
Make a choice of petrol or diesel. Both has their own pros and cons.
- Pickup vs Mileage
Another main aspect to choose is you want more pickup or more Mileage. As some cars have more Mileage and some others come with more pickup.
- Safety Measures
What are all the safety measures you are looking for? Like: Seat belts, Airbags…
What are the features you want? Like: Central locking, Child safety lock, AC, Power steering, Steering adjustment, Sensors, Folding rear seat, Head rests, Adjustable head rests, Arm rest, Cup holders, Rear wiper, Roof mounted antenna, GPS..
Any brand preference you have..
- Service centers
Availability of service centers near where you stay. And the quality of service they provide.
Top Car Brands (In Indian market)
Check List – Before Purchasing Car
- Never decide on other’s suggestion. Gather all the information and try to match with your requirements.
- Do test drive yourself before deciding.
- Go with authorized dealers.
- Buy insurance yourself rather from dealers.
- Check for Extended warranty options.
- Don’t depend on oral promises from dealers make it paper and get signed.
- Consult 3 or 4 shops to get best quotes on accessories.