Tatkal Scheme – by Indian Railways
- Tatkal tickets will be issued for actual distance of travel, instead of end-to-end, subject to the distance restriction applicable to the train. The same Tatkal berth/seat may be booked in multiple legs till preparation of charts. At the time of preparation of charts, unutilized portion may be released to the General RAC/Waiting list passengers.
- Tatkal facility is also available in Executive Class of Shatabadi Express trains also, by earmarking 10% of the accommodation available i.e. 5 seats per coach.
- Tatkal booking opens at 10 AM for AC Classes and 11 AM for NON-AC Classes on One days in advance actual date of journey excluding date of journey w.e.f. of 15.06.2015.
e.g. for train leaving on 6th, Tatkal Booking will Commence at 10 AM for AC Classes on 5th and at 11 AM for NON-AC Classes on 5th.
- No duplicate Tatkal tickets shall be issued. Duplicate Tatkal tickets shall be issued only in exceptional cases on payment of full fare including Tatkal charges.
- At the time of Tatkal ticket booking no need to furnish identity proof, Only one passenger needs to produce any one of the following proof of identity in the original during the journey:-
1.Voter Photo identity card issued by Election Commision of India.
3.PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department.
4.Driving Licence issued by RTO.
5.Photo identity card having serial number issued by Central/State Government.
6.Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their students.
7.Nationalized Bank Passbok with photograph.
8.Credit cards issued by banks with laminated photograph.
9.Unique Identification Card “Aadhaar”.
10.Photo identity cards having serial number issued by Public Sector Undertaking of State/Central Government, District Administration, Municipal bodies and Penchant Administration.