Benefits and need of Good Sleep:
- Sleep is the body’s way of healing and refueling
- Lack of sleep has shown to have a disastrous impact on the overall health, not to mention the trauma it causes to the brain, affecting mental health, productivity and mood.
- Every one must have at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep in a day
Precautions to have good sleep:
- Avoid going to bed hungry or immediately after a heavy meal. The discomfort may keep you up.
- The stimulating effects of nicotine and caffeine may also hamper your quality of sleep.
- Swimming also helps in weight management, reduces stress levels, strengthens muscles, promotes sound sleep and lowers the risk of many illnesses.
- The best solution is a digital detox an hour before bedtime, so avoid digital devices like mobile, computer and TV just before going to bed.